Liquid vs Pods vs Powder: Which is Best for Residents in Naples, Fort Myers, and Charlotte County, FL?
Liquid and powder and pods, oh my! With so many options available, how do you know which option to choose to get your clothes clean and keep your washing machine running well?
Let’s take a look at a few of these below.
The Difference in Detergents
We will discuss three different types of detergents on the market: liquid, powder, and pods.
- Liquid dissolves the fastest and is easy on colors. However, it’s easy to use too much, and a lot gets wasted before your washer even starts because of how quickly it dissolves.
- Powder is usually the cheapest option. The downside is powder can be messy, and you may not use the correct amount for your load size.
- Pods dissolve the slowest of the three, especially on low-temperature settings. However, you always get the right measurement for each load.
Choosing the right detergent for your washing machine also depends on your appliance. For example, while gels and liquids may be more gentle on your clothes, there is a bigger chance that your washer will become smellier faster and need to be cleaned more frequently.
Detergent Effects on Washing Machines
Different types of detergents affect different types of washing machines. For example:
- In a top-loading washer, it is safe to use both powder and liquid. We suggest letting the basin fill with a bit of water, then add the detergent, and then add the clothes when using a top-load washing machine.
- In high-efficiency (HE) machines, it is safer to use liquid as powder detergents can cause your washer to become clogged.
- Front-loading washers also work better with liquid detergent. Powder can leave behind a white residue, so it’s best to avoid at all costs. As a bonus, liquid is more environmentally friendly due to it usually having fewer chemicals, making it less likely to pollute waterways and harm marine life.
As you can see, liquid detergent is largely the best option for washing clothes. However, the choice is always up to you. Professionals may be the best option for choosing a solution for your machine, especially for locals in South Florida.
If you live in Naples, Estero, Fort Myers, or Charlotte County, FL, and need professional assistance for the repair of your appliances, don’t hesitate to call the independent, family-owned appliance repair shop at Diamond Appliance Repair located at 8121 Rosies Ct, Suite 25, Estero, FL 33928. If you experience problems with any type of detergent, please give us a call at 239-687-6999 to get your washer back in tip-top cleaning shape. Chat soon!