Let’s be honest. Most people don’t wake up in the morning wondering how to fix a broken appliance.
However, there are times when appliances break and simple fixes can be applied before calling your local repairman like Diamond Appliance Repair. Often, when folks call Diamond Appliance, they ask simple questions such as “how do I unclog my garbage disposal?” While Diamond offers their insights to folks living in Naples, Estero and Ft Myers, here’s a few steps from WikiHow for unclogging a garbage disposal:
- Determine the source of the clog. Be sure you turn off the garbage disposal. Be extra safe and turn off the circuit breaker or fuse switch.
- Use a flashlight to inspect the sink drain
- Using an Allen wrench, try manually turning the blades
- Don’t pour harsh chemicals in the sink which can damage the pipes
- With the power turned off, manually remove any debris
Please be careful and the guidance we’re sharing should only be done with great care. For professional appliance repair, feel free to call or email Diamond Appliance Repair. We’re glad to offer our input and can visit your home or condo to correctly fix your garbage disposal.